Below you will find a list of my recommended books. There is always more you can learn about health and fitness, nutrition, marketing, etc...
Many of the books listed below can be found at your local library or you can purchase them from your favorite bookstore.
However, if you are anything like me, finding the time to sit and read a book can be challenging. Audiobooks are a great alternative! With an audiobook, you can load it to your "on-the-go" device and listen while you drive, run or work.
The selection of audiobooks at your local library can vary, but here's another option; Audible.
Audible, an Amazon company, offers the world's largest selection of digital audiobooks and spoken word content. With Audible, customers can listen anytime and anywhere to professionally-narrated audiobooks across a wide range of genres.
Audible Free Trial benefits:
- Get two free audiobooks to start -- after 30 days, get 1 book each month for $14.95/month
- Get 30% off the price of additional audiobook purchases
- Cancel anytime. Your books are yours to keep, even if you cancel.
Audible Gold Membership benefits:
- One audiobook per month for $14.95/mo
- 30% off the price of additional audiobook purchases
- Cancel anytime. A member’s books are theirs to keep, even if they cancel.
Here are the different categories for easy navigation of the recommendations:
- Your First Proper Six-Day Bodybuilding Training Program by Scott Abel
- Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition by Mark Rippetoe
- Strength Training Anatomy, 3rd Edition by Frederic Delavier
- The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Mind Gym : An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence by David Casstevens
- You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren
- Practical Programming for Strength Training by Mark Rippetoe
- The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess by Cassandra E. Forsythe
- Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning by NSCA -National Strength & Conditioning Association
- The Science of Getting Ripped by Raza Imam
- It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways by Dallas Hartwig, Melissa Hartwig
- Nutrition: An Applied Approach (4th Edition) by Janice J. Thompson
- Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health by William Davis
- Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started by John Chatham
- The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by Dallas Hartwig, Melissa Hartwig
- Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook by Del Sroufe
- The Fresh 20: 20-Ingredient Meal Plans for Health and Happiness 5 Nights a Week by Melissa Lanz
- 100 Days of Real Food by Lisa Leake
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwart
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Push by Chalene Johnson
- Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- One Thing At a Time by Cindy Glovinsky
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- People Follow You by Jeb Blount
- EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Personality Plus by Florence Littauer
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell
- Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle
- Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self Confidence by Debbie Ford and Wayne W. Dyer
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay